The Saratoga Festival of Trees is the largest fundraiser supporting the programs and services offered by Catholic Charities of Saratoga, Warren and Washington counties. Engaging the energies of the community, Catholic Charities has become a vital part of life for many individuals and families in the region. On average, around 6,000 individuals are served yearly by 300 volunteers and 50 staff members.
The Mission of Catholic Charities
Catholic Charities, a ministry of the Catholic Diocese of Albany, is committed to active witness on behalf of the Scriptural values of mercy and justice. Catholic Charities, recognizing human need at all stages of life, responds to all persons regardless of race, creed or lifestyle, with special emphasis on the economically poor and the vulnerable. Catholic Charities serves and empowers persons in need, advocates for a just society, and calls forth and collaborates with women and men of goodwill in fulfillment of its mission.
Progams and Services offered by Catholic Charities
- Counseling - Individual, couple and family counseling and group support. On average, this program provides mental health services to over 1,500 individuals yearly, including children adults and the elderly.
- Domestic Violence Project - Shelter, counseling, crime victim services, advocacy, education, and 24-hour hotline services for victims of domestic violence and their children in Warren and Washington counties. On average 600 adults and 250 children come through the program and over 2,000 bed-nights provided in a safe shelter. In addition, almost 2,000 individuals received education and prevention services.
- Mary's Haven - A community home for serving persons with irreversible illness, who are in the last three months of their lives and whom can no longer remain safely in their homes. This program serves, on average, over 20 families and provides 400 bed-nights for the terminally ill.
- Mentoring Program - A prevention and diversion program impacting youth's academic, social and emotional milieu. In past years, around 80 youth and 100 of their family members took part in the program.
- NOEP (Nutrition Outreach and Education Program) – An outreach and education program for low income households in Warren County about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance program. Each year, we help approximately 150 families apply for and receive SNAP program benefits.
- Services to the Elderly are provided to over 350 senior citizens yearly
- Emergency services are provided to over 1,000 individuals yearly seeking assistance with concrete basic needs.
Programs and Services are available to anyone in Saratoga, Warren and Washington Counties, always accompanied by information, referral and advocacy as needed. Individuals are never refused because of their inability to pay.
For a complete list of services offered by each county of for additional information, visit the Catholic Charities website or call (518) 587-5000 for the Saratoga office or (518) 793-6212 for the Glens Falls office.